KIDS ART COMPETITION
Win a Capow! Superhero Experience
This is a 5-day challenge to draw or paint a bunch of Spring flowers each day for five days, starting with closed buds on day one. By the end of the five days in a normal warm house you should have a lovely, bright, colourful bunch of flowers. This works best with Daffodils or Tulips, which you should be able to buy for about a pound a bunch in supermarkets. If you prefer, when out on your daily walk you could take a photograph of a patch of wild flowers showing all stages from bud to full bloom (any flowers – they don’t have to be daffodils or tulips) and complete the challenge when you are safely back home. Please ensure you comply with all current Covid restrictions and the Countryside Code (in particular, please don’t pick the flowers). All entries must be submitted on behalf of the child by the child’s parent/guardian or school.
WHAT TO DO
Draw or paint your flowers each day starting with buds on day one. This is best done at the same time each day e.g. after homework or home schooling is completed. Draw or paint the first 4 days’ pictures onto the same piece of paper. You can choose to draw or paint either the whole bunch or single stems. On the last day, draw or paint the whole bunch on a separate piece of paper. When you’ve finished, put this in your window above or below the sheet with days 1-4 drawings/paintings, just like you did with your rainbow last year for the NHS and others to see on their walks!
HOW TO ENTER
Please take a photograph of your child’s artwork in your window. Then ‘like’ our Facebook page and comment on the competition post, including your photograph and your child’s first name and their age.
Lots of lovely PRIZES to be won!
Entries will be judged in collaboration with The Secret Gallery, Newent – prizes will be awarded for each of three age groups – under 8s, 8-12, and 13-16.
The winner of each age group will receive a fabulous high quality watercolour set, kindly sponsored by Manna Creative Gifts Newent, containing 24 x 12 ml of the following colours: Chinese White (108), Lemon Yellow (205), Yellow (200), Orange (235), Vermilion (311), Scarlet (334), Alizarin Crimson (326), Carmine (318) Violet (536), Ultramarine (504), Cobalt Blue (512), Cerulean Blue (535), Prussian Blue (508), Yellowish Green (617), Light Green (601), Deep Green (602), Sap Green (623), Yellow Ochre (227), Raw Sienna (234), Burnt Sienna (411), Burnt Umber (409), Raw Umber (408), Payne’s Grey (708), Ivory Black (701). Read more about this prize at royaltalens.com
There will be yummy Easter Eggs for the runners up in each age group and the star prize for the best artwork overall is an exciting CAPOW! Superhero Experience worth £195!
THE SMALL PRINT
- All entries must be submitted on behalf of the child by the child’s parent/guardian or school.
- By entering the competition on behalf of a child, the child’s parent/guardian or school confirm that they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these rules
- The competition is open to all children up to and including 16 years of age
- Entry is exclusively via the VIVID Studios Facebook page in accordance with the ‘how to enter’ instructions.
- Entry to the competition is free but all material for the creation and submission of the artwork must be provided by the entrant, by their parent/guardian or school
- In true ‘Blue Peter’ tradition entries must be all the child’s own work
- Entries must be received no later than Monday 5th April 2021
- No cash alternative to any prize is available and the prizes shall be non-transferable
- The decision of the judges is final and binding on all entrants and no correspondence will be entered into.